Friday, September 7, 2012

Growth spurt perhaps

Last night was worse. She was latching nonstop too, but from 12am to 3am. It was extremely tiring for me. She cried so hard in between when she detached herself and yet had difficulty latching back, it hurts me to see her cry like that. In the end I was crying with her, pleading her to quickly finish and sleep so that I can finally get to rest too.

It could be a growth spurt, or maybe she's simply treating me as the human pacifier. I wish it's the former. I'm still pretty clueless... Being a first time new mom, there's just so much to learn each day!

There were visitors these two days. Two groups of my colleagues came yesterday and today respectively, plus my aunt and uncle came today and joined us for lunch.

Updating this while baby's latched on and suckling again... It's getting more and more sore to the extend of feeling painful as she suckles very forcefully. Sometimes I'm contemplating to switch to expressing but I love the bonding time when she latches on me. It's such a dilemma. And literally such a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment